Last updated: January 1, 2020
What Personal Information About Customers Does 6pm.com Gather?
The information we collect and learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your 6pm.com experience. One of our goals in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. Here are the general categories of information we gather:
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store information you enter on our website, or give us in any other way. Examples include, but are not limited to, information when you search, browse, buy, post reviews, participate in a sweepstakes or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as responding to your requests, processing your order, customizing future shopping experiences, responding to you, or sending you marketing and advertising communications. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you. Please note that before accessing certain parts of 6pm.com or completing an order, you must create an account with us, through which you must provide certain personal information.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information automatically whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" or other unique identifiers and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses 6pm.com or advertisements and other content served by, or on behalf of, 6pm.com on other websites. Other examples include, but are not limited to, log files, internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, and internet browser type.
• Mobile: When you download or use apps created by 6pm.com, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
• E-mail Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from 6pm.com, if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive email from us (unrelated to transactions and/or your account), please adjust your email subscription settings in your 6pm.com account or contact our customer service team.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples include, but are not limited to, updated delivery and address information from our carriers and information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
What About Cookies?
Does 6pm.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading it to others. We share customer information only as described in this Privacy Notice and with entities within the 6pm Family of Companies. The “6pm Family of Companies” means Zappos.com LLC dba 6pm.com and its subsidiaries.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, providing customer service, storing data, and serving ads on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, companies, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that 6pm.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of 6pm.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of 6pm.com, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
• With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, we may seek your consent for us to share your information with additional third parties, and you will have the opportunity in your discretion to choose not to share your information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information by utilizing encryption methods during the transmission or storage of information you input through our websites and mobile applications. One hundred percent complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline, and we are unable to provide specific guarantees regarding complete security of your personal information; however, we have a team of security professionals that work to safeguard your information. • It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when finished using a shared computer. Only use trusted internet networks, including Wi-Fi, and do no share your login credentials with unauthorized parties.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
6pm.com may utilize interested-based advertising (also known as personalized ads or targeted ads) on both 6pm.com-owned and operated websites and unaffiliated sites, and such ads may be displayed to you by these third party service providers based on information from activities such as purchasing products online (including from 6pm.com) or visiting third-party websites. For more information, please read our Interest-Based Ads Policy below.
Which Information Can I Access?
6pm.com gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with 6pm.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Examples include account order history shipping address(es), favorites, contact information, etc. This information may change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
• You can always choose not to provide certain information; however, it might be needed to take advantage of certain 6pm.com features such as your account profile, favorites and customer reviews. Before ordering products from 6pm.com, you must create a valid account.
• If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, please adjust your email subscription preferences in your account or click the “unsubscribe” link in the email. If you do not want to receive physical marketing mail from us, please reach out to our customer service team. (Regardless if you receive our Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of 6pm.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
• Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending non-transactional emails to your email address and/or physical mail to your address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by contacting our customer service team.
• For state-specific privacy choices, please see below.
Are Children Allowed to Use 6pm.com?
6pm.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use 6pm.com only with the involvement and permission of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit 6pm.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the State of Nevada. If you have any concern about privacy at 6pm.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use may also change. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account, and we stand behind the promises we make. If you have any questions about the Privacy Notice, please contact us.
California Privacy Rights
Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, then you have the right to:
Request the data that we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
Request the deletion of your personal information.
Request Your Data
Call us at 1-888-676-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A download link will be sent to you via e-mail once your request is processed.
Request Deletion of Your Data
To request deletion of your data, call us at 1-888-676-2660 or email email@example.com
You may be required to provide additional information to verify your identity before we will respond to your request for data or request for deletion.
If you would like an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please have your authorized agent contact us as described above.
Interest-Based Ads Policy
6pm may participate in interest-based advertising, where websites customize site content and display more useful and relevant ads tailored to your individual interests – based on how you browse and shop online. When you visit 6pm.com or other websites, 6pm or third parties, as applicable, may serve interest-based ads for 6pm and/or third-party products or services, through the utilization of non-personally-identifiable information (e.g., clickstream data and cookies from your browsing activity) and certain personally identifiable information (e.g. email address) that may be provided by us (only to serve ads on our behalf) or collected directly by the third party (to serve ads for 6pm and others). Any information collected by these third party advertising companies is not linked to any personal information collected by 6pm and is governed by such third party’s respective policies.
There are ways that you can limit interest-based ads. Some internet browsers have a “do not track” feature that informs websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Please note that recognizing this browser signal is not mandatory. You can also configure your internet browser to not receive cookies; however, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our services or features (i.e. you will be able to browse 6pm.com, but will not be able to make a purchase), and some advertisers utilize non-cookie technologies that browser settings might not restrict. Additionally, some advertising service providers may permit you to opt-out of some or all interest-based advertising from third parties who are members of self-regulated programs such as the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. Google and Facebook also offer you certain ad choices. Please note that 6pm does not control these opt-outs, which may be updated or removed in accordance with those parties’ own respective policies. If you opt-out using any of the above methods you will still see ads, but they may not be personalized.