- The North Face Men's Size Chart
- Made of an environmentally friendly membrane, this waterproof, breathable outer layer with modern lines will protect you from rain year round.
- Attached, fully adjustable hood with hidden drawcord system.
- Zippered underarm vents for maximum air flow.
- Center front zip and hook-and-loop closure.
- Brushed chin guard lining.
- Two secure zip hand pockets.
- Stowable in hand pocket.
- Self fabric adjustable hook-and-loop cuff tabs.
- Hem cinch-cord.
- 100% nylon ripstop HyVent® 2.5L EC (50% non-petroleum membrane).
- Machine wash warm, tumble dry low.
- Length: 30 in
- Sleeve Length: 37 in
- Product measurements were taken using size MD. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
Good quality jacket, kept me dry for 7 years. Inner lining finally started to peel off. Read that quite a few other people had the same problem.
- Anonymous - customer
- May 11, 2014
Size M too tight, especially under a sweater; tight under armpits. No collar-pocket for hood (hangs loose!).
- Environmentalist - customer
- from NJ
- October 20, 2014
I don't have this particular vanadis grey heather color, as it is a new fabric they are testing out for the outer shell (I have tried it on in the store however, it's smooth cotton-like material, yet waterproof), but I've had the Venture jacket since 2003. The first one did start peeling by the neck inside, after a few years. TNF has a lifetime (of the jacket) warranty, so I brought it into the store, showed them, and they sent it to their warranty dept in California and I received a new one in a different size (I'd gained weight since I bought the first one) in about two weeks. Anyone complaining about the lining peeling who doesn't take advantage of TNF warranty, well, that's just dumb. It's a great jacket, a bit sticky inside as are most waterproof rain jackets under $250 (and even then most of them do get moist from sweat inside) but that's why there are pit zips, and you can unzip the hand pockets for even more air flow. The jacket IS waterproof, but you do need to wash it occasionally (more often if it is worn often) and treat it now and then with something such as Grangers waterproof spray or a Nik Wax product. I'm buying another one now (I lost a great deal of weight, this time!). The only jacket I like better for rain is the Eddie Bauer BC 200 (now called the BC Ultralight or something) which is $250. For the price, get this jacket. It WILL keep you dry.
- KJ - customer
- from Seattle, WA
- February 11, 2015
This jacket is trendy, comfortable and versatile. Although it is very thin and light, it blocks the wind very well during rainy and chilly days.
- Anonymous - customer
- from New York, NY
- October 8, 2014
I have Venture Jackets since 2005 (my fourth one). So far no issues apart the one with peeling of the inner layer in neck area. Hope this new series will have it sorted out. They changed the fit a bit. Sleeves are wider (2 cm/0.8 inch) and a longer (4 cm/1.6 inch) which is a negative for me. Even the jacket is 2 cm longer, but this one is a plus from my point of view. I am 185 cm tall with a bit longer torso.
- Matej - customer
- June 2, 2014