- Smartwool Apparel Size Guide
- When the mercury dips, it's easy to get buried under the bulk of old-school cold-weather gear. Free yourself from the burden and shed those layers for the naturally breathable, moisture-wicking, and warm performance of a Smartwool® Midweight Bottom.
- Form Fit with rise that rests just below the natural waist.
- Midweight fabric offers standalone or baselayer wear for cold-weather activity while maintaining optimum breathability.
- Merino wool naturally repels odor, wicks away moisture, and dries quickly.
- Flatlock-stitched seams prevent unwelcome friction.
- UPF 50+ sun protection.
- Fairisle-inspired stripes lend a touch of modern alpine style.
- Interlock-knit leggings.
- Wide covered elastic waistband.
- 100% merino wool.
- Machine wash warm and tumble dry low.
- Fabric weight: 250 g / m².
- Waist Measurement: 24 in
- Outseam: 41 in
- Inseam: 31 in
- Front Rise: 10 in
- Back Rise: 12 in
- Leg Opening: 7 in
- Product measurements were taken using size SM, inseam 31. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
I got these as a Christmas present and I initially loved them. They are warm and I love the color. After washing them however there are tiny sharp threads that poke out on the waist line. It's very uncomfortable. I don't know what to do about it. Even with a shirt tucked in the threads still poke through.
- Lauren - customer
- from NH
- January 3, 2013
My Smartwool Midweight Wool Pattern Bottoms are very warm, soft and comfy. In warmer temps they are still very comfy, never making me feel too hot. I would recommend to anyone who has trouble keeping warm enough in cooler weather.
- Lussier - customer
- from Manassas, Virginia
- April 6, 2014
I had to write a review of these because I own 5 pair of these midweight bottoms (3 in different patterns and 2 in solid colors) and wanted to say that they are the greatest thing to own in the depths of winter freeze. They are so soft, have a comfy, wide waistband and come in fun patterns and colors. There is some inconsistency with sizing, however. The polar purple I own fit great and are plenty long, however, another of the pattern pair is so short they ride low on my hips (& I'm not even quite 5'4"). My thoughts are to keep trying if the first pair don't fit just right. Additionally, of my 5 pair, 1 has developed these small, metal-like threads that others have spoke of in the waistband and other spots. My solution? Cut them off. It hasn't damaged the product in any way and now I don't get poked. These are definitely worth purchasing. I've owned mine for several months and wear them nearly daily and they stand up well to constant use and abuse.
- Poe - customer
- from Colorado
- February 6, 2014
I LOVE these bottoms. They are comfortable, easy to launder, and they keep me so warm. We have cold winters. Typically I wear snow pants just to stay warm even if there is no snow. With the Smartwool bottoms under other pants, I am very comfortable. Downside is the price. Would like another pair but will have to wait.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Viola, ID
- February 15, 2013
These leggings are very soft and warm, cute too....however they sit low on the waist, like a low rise pant, making them not as cozy as they could be because of the need to want to keep pulling them up. The price is ridiculously high, they are well made, but I don't get why they are so costly, there's really nothing extraordinary about them to warrant the money.
- Liz W - customer
- from New Windsor New York
- January 2, 2014