- With a heritage design and a modern cut, the Pendleton® Big Horn Jacket brings style to your cold-weather look.
- The Dr. Whirlwind pattern first appeared in a 1902 Pendleton catalog. This dynamic design was inspired by a vintage photo of Cayuse Indian doctor Pai Shamkain, also called Charley Shaplish. The photo was taken circa 1900 by Major Lee Moorhouse, a famous Northwest photographer, rancher, civic leader and once mayor of Pendleton, Oregon. Charley Shaplish was a favorite subject of Major Moorhouse and is shown in the photo wearing the blanket that inspired our own. He performed medicine dances and healing ceremonies and was known as Dr. Whirlwind among the Euro Americans.
- Solid sleeves and trim let the patterned body pop with vibrant hues.
- Belted sides and gusseted back seams offer an adjustable fit for greater range of motion.
- Modern bomber jacket cut with full-length zip.
- Foldover collar.
- Welt hand pockets.
- Rib-knit cuffs and hem.
- Fully lined.
- Body: 82% wool, 18% cotton;
Lining: 100% nylon.
- Dry clean only.
- Length: 28 in
- Sleeve Length: 39 in
- Product measurements were taken using size MD. Please note that measurements may vary by size.