- Pearl Izumi Size Chart
- Whether you're setting the pace for the group ride, racing against stop lights on your daily commute, or taking an easy weekend cruise, nothing is sweeter than the time you spend in the saddle. Except maybe if you're cycling in the Pearl Izumi® Sugar Short.
- Form fitting with an athletic, aerodynamic cut for enhanced performance.
- SELECT Transfer fabric
• Wicks away perspiration to keep you cool and dry as you perform.
• Specialized knit maintains breathability for active ventilation.
• UPF 50+ fabric provides protection from the sun during outdoor performance.
- Tour 3D Chamois®
• Designed for the enthusiast to intermediate cyclist.
• Two-layer variable density padding in a 4-13mm thickness based on targeted pressure mapping.
• Pre-shaped design utilizes Pressure Relief Technology (PRT) to optimize riding comfort and blood flow.
• Four-way stretch design adjusts to the body's movements.
• Breathable, moisture-wicking performance.
- Six-panel anatomic construction.
- Wide contoured waistband for improved comfort and support.
- Silicone gripper keeps hem in place.
- Reflective elements increase visibility in low-light conditions.
- Body: 86% nylon, 14% elastane;
Leg Panel and Inner Waistband: 93% polyester, 7% elastane.
- Machine wash and tumble dry.
- Waist Measurement: 22 in
- Outseam: 11 in
- Inseam: 5 in
- Front Rise: 8 in
- Back Rise: 12 in
- Leg Opening: 18 in
- Product measurements were taken using size SM, inseam 5. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
I just started to get into spin classes and quickly realized I needed to buy bike shorts. The mediums fit my body type (5'5", 140 lbs) well. The padding is comfortable but not too bulky. Extra grip material around the thigh prevents the shorts from moving. Good product!
- Anonymous - customer
- from Laramie, Wyoming
- June 11, 2015
I bought these for my hotter-than-Hades spin classes at the gym. They work great for preventing the twinges of nerve pain I was getting from the seat. They ride up a bit after an hour of wear, but they don't dig into my legs. I bought an XL, I'm 5' 8" and a size 14 with very muscular legs. After wearing these a few times, I think I could have gone down a size. These are not very attractive, but they are also bike shorts, so I didn't really expect much. My next Pearl Izumi purchase will likely be the Attack capris, just because I'd like a bit more length.
- Charlotte - customer
- from Richmond VA
- August 24, 2013
Overall a solid short. The leg bands are not as tight and restricting as other cycling shorts I have tried on. By far these are the most flattering because it does not cut into your inner thighs and create that allusion of excess fat. The circumference of the leg opening is larger than other brands of cycling shorts with similar inseams. The padding is definitely more bulky than a tri short. For reference, I'm 5'6" and 136 lbs, about a size 4, and I have relatively athletic quads. I purchased a M. These shorts were not exceptionally unflattering with regard to my legs. I'd recommend measuring your legs prior to purchasing these or any other cycling/ tri shorts.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Chicago
- December 29, 2012
My 11-year old daughter keeps getting taller, but her waist never seems to get bigger (20.5" waist). As a result, children's clothing does not work very well for her because the waist is always way too big. This is especially problematic with her athletic wear because her bottoms actually start to fall off as she moves around. It drives her crazy, so I end up using a safety pin to keep things on her. She and I are both runners, but we recently bought a ProForm stationary bike so we could do some cross-training at home. Despite putting a padded seat on the bike, we found the saddle painful. I noticed that these came in an XS. They fit her very well in the waist and hips. They fit more like running shorts in the leg (a bit loose), but she is thrilled with them - she is on the bike as I type! I also ordered a medium for myself. I am 5'9" (25" waist/35" hips). They fit me nicely and are quite comfortable. I might have been able to get into a small, but I tend to like a slightly looser fit.
- Anonymous - customer
- from East Windsor, New Jersey
- March 28, 2016
These are my favorite for cycling. I prefer the shorter length-more flattering. I am 5'6, 120 lbs with athletic thighs. Medium is perfect.
- Carolyn C - customer
- from Richmond, Virginia
- September 1, 2015