- Patagonia Apparel Size Guide
- Please note that this style is either discontinued and/or from a previous season.
- The weather is out of control, but slip on the Torrentshell Stretch Jacket and you've got everything you need to stay comfortable and dry.
- Regular fit is relaxed, but not sloppy, and perfect for workouts or everyday activities.
- H2No® Performance Standard breathable shell is fully seam sealed to prevent exterior water and wind from penetrating.
- Deluge® DWR, Patagonia®'s proprietary fabric finish, repels water and lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs.
- Two-way adjustable, helmet-compatible hood rolls down and stows easily.
- Microfleece-lined neck and chin increase comfort.
- Full-zip front closure with interior wind flap.
- Underarm gussets and stretch panels in the lower arms and upper back extend range of motion.
- Two-way, underarm zip vents promote air circulation and cooling.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs.
- Napoleon zip pocket.
- Two zip hand warmer pockets.
- Adjustable drawcord hem for a dialed-in fit.
- Coated, watertight zippers throughout.
- Jacket can be stowed away in the zip pocket for ultimate portability.
- H2No® 2.5L 100% nylon ripstop.
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
- Length: 29 in
- Product measurements were taken using size SM (Women's 4-6). Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
Just bought this jacket in the pink color with the gray sleeves, which I don't see available here anymore. Too bad. But the jacket is amazing - I've been searching for a sporty rain/windbreaker forever. I love this one because 1 - it's long enough to actually cover my butt (it even drops down a little in the back); 2 - it doesn't scream "rain jacket" with a really shiny, crinkly, or rubbery looking fabric, 3 - it's got a flattering fit but still leaves room for layering a sweater, and 4 - lots of pockets and zippers and multifunctionality! The underarm zippers are awesome. I have no idea what they are for, but I love the idea that I can unzip them if I get hot or something. Lots of other zippers and pockets, too, plus it is supposed to pack into its own zipper. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to on an upcoming Disney trip. Also love that it has draw cords on the bottom if you want them, but there is no puckering on the bottom of the coat if you don't. I didn't even know they were there at first. Also, the picture shows the collar zipped up, but if you unzip it a little it's just a regular jacket collar - it doesn't have to stay bunched up around the face like that. Originally, I was turned off by the picture because it looked like the arms of the coat were huge and wide. I'm petite and didn't want too look like I was drowning in it. However, the arms are not overly wide. Certainly comfortable for layering a thick sweater underneath, but they don't look huge and baggy and they aren't as long as some other brands, which is good for me at 5'3". Also, I found the coat totally true to size. I am petite, 135lbs, and usually medium but sometimes small. However, in this the small was too tight around the hips, and the medium was perfect. Recommend this coat in true size, especially good for petites due to reasonable arm length and shoulder cut (doesn't bunch at the shoulders like some other brands). Finally, the jacket just looks high-quality. The fabric falls nicely, doesn't wrinkle badly, and looks substantial. I am totally in love with this jacket!
- Anonymous - customer
- February 19, 2014
Just received this as a birthday gift. Tested it out in the snow/sleet. Light but very waterproof. Excellent length for tall people, covers to the hip. Color contrast looks great. Buy a size up if you want to layer.
- Anonymous - customer
- April 7, 2014
Love this. I got this jacket to take camping in Maine during a weekend that forecasted nothing but rain. It kept me dry and kept me happy every day. The material dried quickly, which was nice because it didn't get all my gear wet when I was back inside my tent. It is pretty thin, basically just a shell, and it fit nicely over a few layers which let me stay warm, and it was nice to be able to shed a layer or two but keep the coat on when I warmed up while hiking. It also packed really small, and the hood kept my face dry. It was easy to move around in. I got it in black, and like the cut and style. It'll be nice to have one coat that I can wear while camping/hiking and to the office as well.
Felt true to size
Felt true to width
- Jana - customer
- from Boston
- June 2, 2013