- Patagonia Apparel Size Guide
- The weather is out of control, but slip on the Torrentshell Jacket and you've got everything you need to stay comfortable and dry.
- Regular fit is relaxed, but not sloppy, and perfect for workouts or everyday activities.
- H2No® Performance Standard breathable shell is fully seam sealed to prevent exterior water and wind from penetrating.
- Deluge® DWR, Patagonia®'s proprietary fabric finish, repels water and lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs.
- Two-way adjustable hood extends protection.
- Microfleece-lined neck and chin increase comfort.
- Full-zip front closure with zipper garage and wind flaps.
- Underarm zip vents promote air circulation and cooling.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs.
- Two zip hand warmer pockets.
- Adjustable drawcord hem for a dialed-in fit.
- Jacket can be stowed away in the left zip pocket for ultimate portability.
- H2No® 2.5L 100% nylon ripstop.
- Machine wash warm, tumble dry medium.
- Length: 29 in
- Product measurements were taken using size MD. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
The jacket itself okay, but the zipper is absolutely horrible. When you've got your rain jacket and you're caught in the middle of a rainstorm, you feel prepared...until you try zipping up your waterproof shell. When that takes several minutes because the zipper, not unlike the rest of the jacket's material, is so cheaply made that it is virtually impossible to close, you discover that you're not so waterproof after all. When you do succeed in closing the zipper, you discover that it's equally difficult unzipping the stodgy, slow, awkward and always-catching-in-the-fabric piece of crap. After the third time wearing the jacket, I broke off a few links of the chain whilst attempting to extricate myself from the thing. I have an older version of this Patagonia jacket made in the late '90s and the components on it are less cheap and underperforming. It is an abomination that the makers of this jacket are so keen on saving a few extra pennies that they are willing to install such garbage as an essential element of the garment's functionality. Shame on Patagonia. Quality counts, even in zippers.
- Terry M - customer
- from Tennessee
- June 16, 2014
Nice jacket, slight upgrade to the basic one...has zipper vents under the arms. The large fit me nicely, not to snug at 6' 200 pounds. Really like how the hood has an adjustable drawstring in the back to adjust how far down it comes over your face. I have an older North Face one that blocks my vision when the hood is up and can't be adjusted.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Delray Beach, FL
- February 5, 2016
Stylish and useful. Good as a stand alone wind/rain jacket or as an outer shell. Have yet to experience a full down pour in it. The hood is expansive, and the zipper is an easy pull.
- Dan B - customer
- from North Shore Massachusetts
- October 12, 2015
Great jacket, fit really well. Works well with a hoody underneath in cold weather. Very light weight but does an excellent job of keeping the rain out. I'm 5'9, about 180lbs, work-out regularly/athletic build and the medium fit really well lengthwise and around the chest.
- Anonymous - customer
- from NY, NY
- November 30, 2014
Great quality light weight rain jacket. Slimmer fit, but not too slim for my slightly overweight belly. Good length to hip joint, and arms are slightly long (which is good for me). It can get warm when wearing in the height of the summer, as any waterproof jacket would. I recommend.
- David - customer
- from Wrightsville Beach, NC
- August 22, 2014