- Patagonia Apparel Size Guide
- Please note that this style is either discontinued and/or from a previous season.
- The insulated Rubicon Rider has a soft-shell core with burly hard-shell reinforcements that allow for amplified motion in shaky weather.
- Polyester shell with Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) is soft, water resistant, and highly breathable for high-output backcountry endeavors.
- 2 layer recycled waterproof panels over the shoulders prevent moisture from coming through and add abrasion resistance.
- Insulated with recycled polyester for maximum warmth and minimal bulk, light weight, and for warmth even when wet.
- Quilted construction.
- Ripstop lining is made from recycled polyester that glides smoothly over underlayers.
- Brushed tricot lining against the neck for all-day comfort.
- Articulated arms increase mobility.
- Removable, 2 way adjustable hood.
- Fully featured powder skirt with a handy pass holder and webbing loops to connect to any Patagonia ski and snowboard pant.
- Insulated handwarmer pockets.
- Left interior zip stash pocket.
- Right interior media pocket with holes for routing cables.
- Zippered chest pocket.
- Left lower sleeve zippered pocket.
- Integrated drawcord and cordlocks at hem.
- Relaxed fit.
- Shell: 2.4 oz. 50D variable ripstop polyester with Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lining: 1.2 oz. 22D mini-ripstop polyester (50% recycled) with Deluge® DWR finish..
- Insulation: 150 g. 90% recycled polyester.
- Reinforcements: 5.8 oz. 100% recycled polyester dobbyweave.
- Weight: 930 g. (32.8 oz).
- Length: 28 in
- Product measurements were taken using size SM (Women's 4-6). Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
I just bought this coat and absolutely love it. It is very warm and comfortable. I'm 5ft 2 and 140 Lbs and ordered a medium so I could layer.
- Brandi - customer
- from Boaton, MA
- April 6, 2014
Absolutely the best. This coat is amazing! It's extremely light weight, holds in your body heat so even on the coldest winter days you'll sweat, it's functional, and looks great. Fits true to size and is roomy enough to accommodate a fleece jacket underneath and still have full range of movement. Worth every penny.
- Jen - customer
- from Aagwam, MA
- February 4, 2009
Great jacket. Light and warm. I'm 5'2, 107lbs. and normally wear xs sizes...this time I ordered a size small jacket to have extra room for sweater, it still fits great and it's not bulky. Arms length was perfect. Colour is very nice.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Toronto, Canada
- March 31, 2014
I have been wearing Patagonia clothing for years and I have to say I am not impressed with the new style Rubicon Rider. It runs small, so prepare to size up. The new colors are horrible! The fabric is not soft at all. I wish Patagonia would bring back the old Rubicon Rider jackets! So disappointed.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Bangor, ME
- December 28, 2014