- SKU: #8533424
- The North Face Size Chart
- Please note that this style is either discontinued and/or from a previous season.
- Rely on this beautifully constructed jacket to protect your upper body and hips from exposure to the elements during those chilly commutes.
- This brand is a member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
- HyVent® 2L shell protects the high-loft 550-fill down for reliable thermal insulation.
- Slim upper body with adjustable side tabs for a flattering fit.
- Two-way center front zip with snap-over storm guard and brushed chin guard.
- Internal media pocket with cord guide.
- Zippered hand pockets.
- Zip-off hood has removable cozy faux-fur trim.
- Embroidered logo at left chest and back right shoulder.
- Body: 80% polyester, 20% cotton HyVent™ 2L;
Lining: 100% polyester;
Insulation: 550-fill down.
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
- Length: 38 in
- Sleeve Length: 34 in
- Product measurements were taken using size XS. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
I love the cut of this coat. Most of these super warm down coats by many manufacturers are being cut too tight to allow much movement in an effort to please those who are complaining down coats make them look bulky. They often are eliminating one the the two traditional sets of pockets on a parka. I never really found myself thinking of a down coat as slimming in the first place so I think this line of thinking is pretty silly. This one is still cut sort of straight up and down with side belts that you can cinch up to cut the cold from coming up from your waist. And they have kept both the pockets for your stuff and the hand warmer pockets. Out of all the long down coats I tried, this fit the bill the best. I can layer a fleece inside. The hood is great. You can really seal yourself up in this thing. The built in mitts are going to be handy. And I LOVE the idea that you can shrug this coat off and wear it on it's built in straps. This isn't the sort of detail you'd get in a fashion coat, but I am sure I will use it often. I have been wearing down parkas since they started making them, and often I will find myself in a situation where your coat is just a little too warm for a few minutes, but you know you will be needing it when the sun goes behind the clouds. Yup, I am thinking of hiking along the shore of Lake Michigan more than strolling down Michigan Avenue, but this coat would be fine in both settings. I am 5'5" and 150 lbs. With a size 8 pants size and an extra large upper half. I got an extra large and it fit me very well.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Chicagoland
- December 2, 2015
This is a nice parka! I am 5'1" and wear size 0 pants. This parka fits perfectly over my t-shirt and my shorts that I am wearing now. I live in Florida and need to layer up when I go skiing, there is no way extra layers will fit. But it is a nice toasty parka! I am exchanging it for the next size up. I hope it works.
- Terese T - customer
- from Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- November 10, 2015
This coat was way more high tech than I was thinking! I thought it was cute red parka....well it's like for intense hiking/skiing/snowboarding. Has built in tote? Also has suspenders that you put your arms into before they go into the sleeves. Great coat! just now what I need it for. :)
- Chelsea b - customer
- October 28, 2015
This coat is well made and would certainly keep me warm on a frigid winter day. I like the style and all of the extra features like built in mitts that you can fold over your hands. The streamlined arms are nice looking; it seems like The North Face has tweaked their styling over the last few years to have skinnier arms, but the problem is that the sleeves are way too tight on my arm for any kind of layering. The sleeves fit comfortably in a short sleeve shirt, but as soon as I tried on a thin sweatshirt I could barely bend my arms. The other thing I did not care for is the side pockets' placement. Compared to my TNF Metropolis parka, these pockets were to close to the center of the body and the openings were too small, so I had trouble getting my hands into them.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Minnesota
- October 16, 2015