- SKU: #7258521
- The North Face Size Chart
- Upgrade your kit with the superhuman windchill protection of the Apex Bionic 2 Jacket.
- Relaxed Fit.
- WindWall™ softshell:
• Shell offers windproof protection that maintains breathability to avoid overheating.
• DWR (durable water repellent) finish offers additional water-resistant protection.
• Solid and Print colors are crafted in a stretch softshell.
• Solid and Print: 351 g/m² fabric weight.
• Heather: 374 g/m² fabric weight.
- Stretch mesh lining through the body improves breathability.
- Smooth-faced lining at the sleeves glides over base layers.
- Stand collar with brushed inner face.
- Full-length zip with inner draft flap.
- Long sleeves.
- Zip chest pocket.
- Zip hand pockets.
- Extended hem with drawstring.
- Logo print placed at the chest and back yoke.
- Solid and Print Body: 96% polyester, 4% elastane;
Heather Body: 100% polyester;
Lining 1: 96% polyester, 4% elastane;
Lining 2: 100% polyester.
- Machine wash and tumble dry.
- Length: 28 1⁄2 in
- Sleeve Length: 36 in
- Product measurements were taken using size MD. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
I bought this jacket for my husband for Christmas, but I also have three myself (because I'm a woman and we need multiples of everything). Here's what I love about it. First, it repels hair...dog hair, cat hair, horse hair, all kinds of hair. This is important because you'll never look like you've been rolling on the floor with the dog. Second, it really doesn't wrinkle so it always looks crisp and clean. Third, it blocks the wind. I use mine to ride in an outdoor arena during the winter (in Atlanta) and as long as I'm wearing a base layer, I'm fine. Lastly, it washes easily; let it hang dry. It's designed to fit on the snug side so keep that in mind when ordering.
- CT S - customer
- from Atlanta, Ga
- January 8, 2015
This jacket is amazing. You'll need a sweater underneath if it's really cold out, but wind doesn't enter!!! Kind of the same material as a wetsuit.
- Jen p - customer
- from Kansas City, MO
- December 26, 2010
This is a great jacket. It blocks wind and is light weight and water repellant. I would 100% recommend this jacket.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Dallas, TX
- April 20, 2010
I purchased this jacket to get me through the frigid Tucson winters. Just kidding -- sort of. It is perfect for the amount of winter we get here and was very comfortable on windy days. I would describe it as medium weight - more than a windbreaker, less than a true winter jacket. The fit is very snug, in a good way. The exterior chest pocket is a nice feature and the zippers seem very well made. An interior pocket would have been a nice addition to this jacket, but it is still great without it. If you are a Star Trek:The Next Generation fan than get ready to look like you are wearing Capt. Picard\'s uniform top. That can be cool too!
- Anonymous - customer
- from Tucson, AZ
- April 19, 2010
I bought this coat for my husband for Christmas in 2014. I waited to do a review on it only because I wanted to see how it wore on him over time (since he is a big believer in minimalism and only has one coat for many years). We originally had to return the coat because, it did run short in the arms. However, we purchased it in a larger size and he has loved it for the past couple years. I would recommend this coat to anyone who needs a solid winter coat that isn't bulky.
- Jennifer K - customer
- from MI
- February 8, 2017