- SKU: #7675584
- Think of the Sonic as a softshell - for your head. This versatile Outdoor Research® balaclava can be worn several different ways to match Mother Nature's mood.
- Balaclava can be worn for full/partial coverage and as a gaiter, face mask, and beanie.
- WINDSTOPPER® Technical Fleece blocks bone-chilling wind from cutting through while letting moisture vapor escape for total comfort.
- Polartec® Wind Pro® ear panels provide warmth without muffling noise and inhibiting ability to hear.
- Contoured shape provides the most effective warmth and coverage.
- Mesh breathing port.
- Flatlock seams prevent chafing and irritation.
- Elastane trim.
- 16" circumference.
- 100% polyester.
- Wash in cold water and dry flat.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
This is very comfortable. I bought this because I needed the versitility; full or partial face/head coverge or no face/head coverage. It works in all the ways described except as a beanie' but that certainly did not bother me.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Annapolis, MD
- January 9, 2012
This balaclava is cool and will keep you warm during really cold days/nights. However, the only problem that I encountered (a big one) was while the very first time I tried it on, it ripped! Yes, it did! I didn't force it or anything but it did rip. I'd say for the price of it, it should have better workmanship -- much better! Look at something else if you're looking for a good and reliable balaclava.
- Hector S - customer
- from Wheaton, IL
- January 10, 2012
This worked well on a very, very cold weekend in New Hampshire. One problem I had was that "loose-fabric-over-nose" plus "glasses" equals "foggy vision." I ordered a bit larger than I needed because of some of the reviews that said balaclavas are sometimes too tight. But if you wear glasses, tight is what you want. That was my fault. This balaclava was warm, I could hear very well (didn't notice any change really). Happy overall.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Connecticut
- March 12, 2015
This garment is designed for extreme conditions. The fabric is heavy. If you are going to spend hours days or weeks in arctic conditions, this garment is appropriate. Placing googles over the balaclava will provide complete protection. This garment is probably overkill for the cold day urban environment. One aspect of the garment that is attractive is the ability to pull it down into a neck warmer.
- Henry L - customer
- from New York City
- December 28, 2014
bought one of these (M)for my husband who has to work on planes outside of the hanger sometimes. He loves it! I bought another for a friend who also does a lot of work outdoors and he also loves it. Had to exchange it for a large, though. Use your judgment regarding size.
- Anne M - customer
- from Cornwall, NY
- December 24, 2013