- Lock that pace in and let the miles fly by. Experience the rush when you're in the Distance from Newton®.
- Adjusting to Newton running shoes will depend upon several factors including: your current running shoes, your running form, gait efficiency, as well as your speed and flexibility. Those new to natural running form or those transitioning from a shoe with traditional cushioning will benefit from spending adequate time adjusting. This is because your body will need time to lengthen the muscles and tendons on the back of the leg and under the foot.
- Newton recommends first-timers walk in their shoes for several days to become accustomed to the level platform. Walking barefoot on safe and comfortable surfaces can also be helpful. Once ready, begin by introducing short runs of no longer than 15 minutes every other day. Gradually add 10-15 minutes as your feet and leg muscles begin to strengthen. If you experience soreness that persists for more than two days, reduce time in shoes immediately. Rest and ice the area until the soreness subsides, then slowly begin introducing time in shoes again.
- A lightweight neutral trainer designed for the efficient runner. Crafted for serious speed, it is ideal as an everyday trainer, for short to mid-distance races, or weekly speed sessions.
- Highly breathable, fast-drying, open mesh upper offers a glove-like fit.
- Minimal synthetic overlays are anatomically placed for light structural support.
- Metatarsal stretch panels.
- Slip-proof laces with double eyelets that help lock down the heel.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Fabric lining supplies a soft step-in feel.
- ETC antifriction, antimicrobial sockliner promotes a great in-shoe environment.
- Accommodates most orthotics.
- Forefoot Action/Reaction Technology: A highly responsive, trampoline-like and engaging midsole cushioning that protects and loses less energy with each step.
- High-rebound EVA.
- Biomechanical Sensor Plate allows the foot to sense the ground promoting a lighter, more efficient stride.
- Heel/ Forefoot Differential: 2mm.
- Met-flex for enhanced forefoot flexibility.
- High-density rubber outsole material at the mid-foot.
- Lightweight EVA at the heel.
- Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.