- Merrell Size Chart
- Experience all your expeditions in complete comfort with the Merrell® 'Belay' tech pant.
- Lightweight, stretchy woven fabric mimics your every move and is seriously soft.
- Merrell Opti-Wick™ technology aids in wicking moisture away from your skin.
- 50+ UPF gives you the freedom to explore the trails without the sun on your mind.
- Lower leg detaches above the knee for a breezy short option.
- Concealed, contoured waistband aids in reducing bulkiness while you are on the trail.
- Lightweight snaps and a zipper closure will get you going in record time.
- Front zip-secure pockets will carry your daily essentials while you are on the go.
- 96% nylon, 4% elastane.
- Machine wash cold and tumble dry low.
- Waist Measurement: 28 in
- Outseam: 40 in
- Inseam: 32 in
- Front Rise: 9 in
- Back Rise: 13 in
- Leg Opening: 16 in
- Convertible Inseam: 6 in
- Product measurements were taken using size 4, inseam 32.5. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
These pants are fabulous and fit exactly true to size. I am tall and tend to be barrel shaped - I have skinny legs and almost no waist. They fit great - nice stretch and comfort. The color was fine - very neutral. I would've preferred a moss green or khaki. Shorts look nice, too. Really great outdoor pant for camping, hiking, travel, etc.
- Cjbabymomma - customer
- from tucson
- May 24, 2012
I am 5'6", 133 poubds and have a proportional, slightly hourglass build. I ordered my normal size, 6 and they fit okay. The waist was a little on the roomy side but not too bad. There is enough room in the backside but just this side of too much. The legs were larger than what I like but still they looked okay. As the other reviewers said they stretch and unfortunately for me that was a downside. After three miles of hiking they stretched so much the waist was down around my hips... Thank goodness I brought a pair of tights with me to change in to to finish the hike. What I like: The material is thin and quick-drying and seems tough. The front pockets are deep enough for my LG G4 smartphone and thank you Merrell for the zippers on those. I also like the length of the shorts. I am going to order a size 4 and hope that works out better for me. For avid hikers that move a lot, you may want to size down to allow for the stretch.
- Anonymous - customer
- March 13, 2016
This convertible pant has the best stretch out of any convertible pant that I have tried on, which is exactly what I was looking for - extremely comfy. I usually wear a 6 in pants. The 6 fit fine (due to the stretch); however, the butt was a little too revealing for me (it also lacks back pockets). Unless you hike commando or in a thong, I did not want my undies outline so evident. The 8 fit as well, a little more comfy than the 6 and I don't think I have the underwear line problem now. The length was a tad long for my 5'6" frame. Maybe 1" too long but they will still work. The waistband has a very comfy elastic band that is very soft and sweat absorbing. I think this will be very nice (opposed to the gathered waistbands). Also the short length was very idea for my preference; looks great. The stretch is just what I wanted. I can squat down without any uncomfortable pinching anywhere! My only wish is that they had back pockets, zips on the ankle (might need to remove your shoes when taking the legs off), and a tad shorter. However, of the sevens pairs of pants I just ordered, the 8s are the ones I am keeping.
- Anonymous - customer
- August 21, 2012