- While we're not saying the Little America from Herschel Supply Co. isn't up for an epic outdoor expedition, we would say it's more suited for everyday life. With its mountaineer-inspired design that boasts a versatile silhouette and roomy storage options, this backpack will help scale the tallest of mountains... or just be a tagalong during casual treks through the city.
- Spacious main compartment can hold books, clothes, or any other on-the-go essentials.
- Fully padded/fleece lined pocket for laptops up to 15 in.
- Adjustable drawstring closure underneath top flap.
- Custom leather buckle details feature a convenient magnetic snap closure.
- Additional front compartment with full-zip closure and leather buckle details.
- Internal media pocket.
- Herschel logo tag at center of front compartment.
- Contoured shoulder straps for total comfort.
- Shell: 100% polyester.
Lining: 100% nylon.
- Bottom Width: 12 in
- Middle Width: 12 in
- Top Width: 12 in
- Depth: 6 1⁄2 in
- Height: 20 in
- Strap Length: 35 in
- Strap Drop: 14 1⁄2 in
- Handle Length: 6 1⁄2 in
- Handle Drop: 2 1⁄2 in
- Weight: 2 lbs
- This product may have a manufacturer's warranty. Please visit the manufacturer's website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for full manufacturer warranty details.
Customer Reviews Provided by Zappos
These are made from very cheap leather with poor sewing. The leather crumples in bad weather and the sewing comes undone where it attaches the leather to the bag. The long satchel drawstring whips if someone is within two or three feet of you. It gets much better on the inside. It has an excellent laptop storage compartment. However, the cheap leather this bag uses really kills the crisp look.
- Anonymous - customer
- August 6, 2012
This backpack is the bees knees if you know what I mean. It's spacious, stylish, and has gotten me a lot of compliments. The laptop compartment fits my 15" Macbook and a folder PERFECTLY and securely. And I love the comfort of the straps. But there are a few things that aren't so hip. While the leather straps are stylish, they are also annoying. They magnetically snap on, but it's still more time-consuming than just a zipper. Also, there isn't a water bottle holder. This is a HUGE con (at least for me). Lastly, there are minimal storage pockets which cause me to just dump most of my stuff into the bottom of the bag, never to be found again.
- Jordyn N - customer
- from Chicago, IL
- June 13, 2014
I recently purchased the black one and I absolutely love the styling. I do wish there were more pockets on the inside or outside. I use this bag mainly for college and it is very functional, it fits my 13'' MacBook Pro with more room to spare so that is a plus! I know I am going to be using this hopefully throughout my whole college experience.
- Monica C - customer
- from San Jose, CA
- May 26, 2012
I really wanted to love this backpack, but unfortunately it was not meant to be. I just moved to Boston and with a 1 year old and 3 year old in tow began navigating public transportation by myself. I desperately needed a backpack so I could have both hands free. I read about this one on a blog and loved the idea of having a "stylish" backpack, but I wasn't impressed. Here are my reasons for returning. 1. It looks too large on me (I'm 5'4", 120lb) and is really bigger then I need for a day in the city even with two small children. 2. Dealing with the two steps required to access each pocket was just a hassle - unsnap magnets and undo pull cord to get into main pocket, or unsnap magnets and unzip to access smaller pocket. Then reverse to close the backpack up. 3. The main portion of the backpack is so large it's very easy to lose things inside the backpack. 4. No water bottle sleeve either inside or outside the pack. 5. I was slightly paranoid that the magnets would ruin my credit card and transit card. Not sure if this would actually happen, but the possibility crossed my mind. 6. I wanted a "stylish" backpack, but wearing a backpack always just looks like you're wearing a backpack. I learned that I'd rather have a more functional pack then a nicer looking one.
- Anonymous - customer
- from Boston, MA
- August 1, 2013
My boyfriend was drooling over this backpack while we were out in Cali a few weeks ago, but didn't want to pay the price. As soon as we got home I ordered it, and surprised him with the backpack before he left for school. The bag has plenty of room for all his homework and books, as well as contains an ultra-soft compartment for his laptop. Perfect fit, perfect gift... heck, I'm even considering ordering one for myself! LOVE it.
- Anonymous - customer
- September 12, 2012