6PM Associates Program
(sometimes known as an affiliate program)
What is the 6pm.com Associates Program?
The 6pm.com Associates Program (aka affiliate program), operated by Zappos IP, Inc, allows third parties to place links, ads, and other types of visual references on their websites to direct traffic to 6pm.com. This strategy encourages third party websites to promote our brand and drive customers to their website. In turn, associates earn money when customers use associate referrals to make purchases on our website. It’s a win-win situation! Our program is based off of a Cost-per-Action structure, where we pay the associate a commission on the total sales (not just clicks) he or she drives to 6pm.com.
Why Work with 6pm.com?
Associate marketing is a great way to gain customers and earn money. Who better to do it with than 6pm.com, a site with great daily deals! You can complement what your site has to offer with 6pm.com's wide selection from top designers at up to 75% off retail. 6pm.com's discount prices on brand name shoes, apparel, and accessories for women, men, and children are a great way to attract the large community of price-sensitive online shoppers.
With the 6pm.com Associates program, you will enjoy competitive commission rates, working with a website that has a strong traffic-to-sale conversion rate, and working with an accessible and responsive Associate Management team. 6pm.com offers participation in our Affiliate program via a third party called Commission Junction. So join and turn your site into a site that sells today!
Sign Up in 5 Simple Steps
1) Sign up to be an associate under the Commission Junction network. The 6pm Associates program uses this network to manage its associates.
2) Once approved, implement CJ tracking on your site. CJ has a step-by-step process for implementing correct tracking.
3) Add 6pm.com product information on your own website. This can be done by accessing a data feed that 6pm provides on Commission Junction.
4) Drive customers to your site using unique strategies and content.
5) Make money when a customer clicks on 6pm.com links or products through your website and completes a purchase!
Ready to Sign up? Register here!
If you have any physical presence or if any part of your business operations is located in the following states, you will not be qualified to participate in the 6pm.com Associates program:
- Rhode Island
- Illinois (effective 5/31/2011)
- Connecticut (effective 6/10/2011)
- Arkansas (effective 7/24/2011)
If you already are an Associate for 6pm.com, you must notify the Associates Team 24 hours prior to establishing a physical presence or operating an extension of your business in any of the above states. Please e-mail all questions, concerns and notifications to Associates@6pm.com.
- What is the Associates Program?
The Associates Program is our name for an affiliate program. It is a marketing channel used by 6pm.com to encourage third parties to find new and creative ways to help promote and drive sales to 6pm.com.
- How much does it cost to be an associate?
Nothing! The entry to be an associate is absolutely free. After you are accepted into the program, you can earn money every time you drive a sale to 6pm.com.
- How do I get paid? And how often?
You will get paid by Commission Junction according to all completed sales customers make through your site. Associates are paid at a 7% Cost-per-Action (CPA) commission rate for each completed sale. Associates are paid once a month.
- What is the 6pm.com cookie duration?
6pm.com tracking cookies last 120 days. If a user is directed to 6pm.com through an associate’s efforts and returns to 6pm.com within 30 days to make a purchase, the associate will earn 7% commission.
- Can I be an associate on behalf of more than one site?
Absolutely! An associate is allowed to own more than one site. You may also be an associate that manages sub associates.
- Are 6pm.com associates allowed to partake in business overseas?
No, 6pm.com associates are not allowed to do business overseas.
- Can an international website be an associate?
The 6pm.com Associates program does accept international associates. However, please note 6pm.com does not operate business internationally. International associates are allowed to drive U.S. traffic to our site, though we do not ship packages to international locations or permit international associates to drop ship to international customers.
- Does 6pm partner with associates who want to operate their own drop shipping program?
No, 6pm does not partner with drop shippers.
- Does 6pm partner with loyalty incentive, coupon, or discount based associates?
Yes, 6pm does partner with loyalty incentive, coupon, or discount based associates.
- When does 6pm.com reverse commissions?
6pm.com has the ability to reverse commissions when a customer’s purchase is returned or activity occurs that is outside the limits of our program terms.
- How do I sign up?
- How do I create links?
Smart links are available after enrolling with Commission Junction. You may also access the 6pm.com data feed that includes HTML links with tracking for you to implement in your site.
- What is a data feed?
A data feed is an electronic list of data that provides information on our product pages including SKU, price, product description, links, images, and more. Once associates are enrolled in Commission Junction, they will be able to access and promote products available in the 6pm.com data feed.
- How will you know that orders came from my site?
6pm works with Commission Junction to drop a 120-day cookie on a customer’s computer when visiting 6pm.com from an associate site. A pixel is also fired to track the customer’s transactions.
- Does the 6pm.com Associates program offer exclusive coupons for its associates?
At this time, the 6pm.com Associates program does not offer exclusive coupons or discounts for its associates. However, feel free to inquire about our daily promotions as well as special shipping offers.
- Does my site qualify?
Please read the terms and conditions before applying for the 6pm.com Associates program. If you still have questions regarding the qualification of your associate application, please email Associates@6pm.com
- What type of strategies can I use to promote 6pm.com?
- Choose one of our banners and link straight to our home page
- Recommend specific products
- Add a search box to your website
- Have another idea? Let us know!
More Questions? E-mail Associates@6pm.com